- Use the characteristics of the fruits and vegetable to try to group them into related families.
- Identify a mystery fruit or vegetable based on its characteristics.
- Search for fruit and vegetable names based on characteristics in a word search puzzle (optional).
- Go on a food finding field trip (optional).
- All living things, called organisms, are made up of cells.
- The variation in organisms reflects their diversity.
- The variety comes from the different genes and the characteristics they encode.
- Organisms with many similar traits, and thus similar genetic information, may be related.